Document the major coordination milestones.
- [Instructor] Back in Section Four,…we had Design Milestones.…In Section 10, we have Coordination Milestones.…These can be used in two different ways.…The first way is for the design teams to use…the Design Milestones while the construction teams…use the Coordination Milestones.…The second way is for the Design Milestones…to indicate various phases of the design…and production of construction documentation,…while the Coordination Milestones are used…for indicating when modeling is completed…for specific areas of the building.…
The details and construction documents…may not be finalized for approval and fabrication,…but the trades themselves are coordinated…and know how that area of the structure…is planned to be built.…For our Coordination Milestones, I have four things listed.…When the preliminary coordination meeting will take place,…when the first official coordination meeting takes place,…then when the first and second floor coordination models…are completed.…
By documenting these milestones, we can better coordinate…
- Understanding the need for a BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Documenting the basic project information
- Specifying project milestones
- Identifying BIM goals and uses
- Determining how BIM will be used in design documentation
- Designing the BIM execution process
- Defining the LOD in the BIM Execution Plan
- Determining the information that needs to be in the model
- Collaboration procedures
- Defining the software to be used
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of the BIM Execution Plan
2. Identify BIM Goals and Uses
3. Designing the BIM Execution Process
What is LOD?3m 28s
4. Collaboration Procedures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.