Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring array parameters, part of Architectural Families in Revit.
- [Voiceover] In this video, I'll expose…you to the high level organization…and hierarchy that's built in to the Revit software.…It's important to understand how the different…objects and elements in the Revit platform…fit into a broader structure.…So, we'll start at the top level…and we'll work our way down.…So at the top of the hierarchy we have Categories.…Categories are built into the software.…They are very broad groupings of objects…and include all manner of elements…that we work with in the Revit software.…When you want to get more specific within a Category,…you're talking about a Family,…and when you want to get even more…specific within a Family, it's a Type.…
So, in general, Categories is a fixed list…that you can I can't change.…The list of Categories comes with the software…and includes things like walls, doors,…windows, text, dimensions.…Those are all Categories.…Now when you want to talk about…a particular kind of door, a double door…versus a single door versus a sliding door,…then you'd be really talking about the Family.…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.