Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring visibility settings, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] Okay, we've got a pretty cool looking door.…The problem is it looks wrong in plan.…We don't want to see our hardware…if our detail level is set to coarse or medium.…So let's do both of those things now.…We're going to turn the panel off in plan…and we're going to turn this off…when the detail level is anything but fine.…So to get started, I'm going to jump…in to my door visibility project.…The first thing I'm going to do…is I'm going to hold down my control key.…I'm going to select my bottom stile.…I'm going to select my door panel.…I'm going to select my glass panel.…Now, for visibility graphic overrides,…I'm going to come over here to edit.…
I'm going to uncheck plan RCP.…I'm going to uncheck when cut in plan RCP.…I'm going to hit okay and hit escape a couple times.…I'm going to do the same with my handle.…So I'm going to hold down my control key,…select my handle, pan around to the other side,…select my handle,…I'm going to click on my visibility settings.…I can click on this one here as well.…I'm going to uncheck plan RCP…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 16m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.