Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring project settings, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
Many project settings are available in a Revit project.…Even though you begin your project with the template file, there are…certainly some settings that you'll want to double-check and possibly change with each project.…Some of these include really simple things like the project location, the…address and maybe the temporary dimension settings.…So in this movie we're going to create a new project and configure a few of those settings.…So let's take a look.…Now we could easily start with the default template, but I'd actually prefer…to start with one of the templates that gives us a little bit more structure to begin with.…So I'm going to click the New link right here.…
If you watch the earlier movie on Project Templates, then you saw that we…could click this Browse button here and there were some other choices for us…to use, and in this case I'm going to use the Commercial-Default and I'm going…to click Open and click OK.…Now this gives me some basic Views and a few Schedules and some Sheets.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.