Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring and painting materials to an in-place family, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] In this quick video, what I'd like to show you…is how to add different materials to the desk…without having to reconfigure it…or create a bunch of different sweeps and extrusions.…So I'm gonna jump into my In-Place Paint model.…Now I'm gonna go ahead…and I'm gonna select my reception desk.…I'm gonna click Edit In-Place.…Now that we're editing this in-place,…we can do a few things with this already extruded item.…What I'd like to do now is to go the Modify tab.…On the Modify tab,…I wanna click on the Paint button right here.…
Now this gives us a list of all of our materials.…I'm gonna go down 'til I find cherry.…Now with cherry selected,…what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna zoom into this countertop,…I'm gonna select the top of it,…I'm gonna select my little bullnose sweep,…and I'm gonna select the face of it here.…I'm gonna pan around.…Notice that I was able to completely alter that material.…I can grab the face here, do the same thing,…I can grab this edge and do the same thing.…
Pretty neat.…I'm gonna spin around to the back,…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.