Join William Carney for an in-depth discussion in this video Combine all three, part of Advanced Revit and Dynamo for Interior Design.
- [William] I've really enjoyed putting together this course and I hope that you found it useful and learned some new things about Revit and Dynamo. I've combined all three of the scripts that I built into one giant script that allows me to select a room and place the signs, wall protection and corner guards all at once. This sort of time-saving scripting is one of the many reasons Dynamo has grown so quickly in popularity. If you want to look to build on what you've learned in this course, try modifying the script to work for multiple rooms. Then you can change your selection method to selecting multiple rooms, all rooms of a level or maybe the entire building at once.
I've shown a few differing methods for reading room parameters in Revit to find families in Dynamo. Think of how you collect your room information and see which method or another method works better for you. My goal when I'm working on larger workflows is to reduce the interaction a user needs to have inside of Dynamo. This helps to minimize the number of missteps that may happen. If you want to connect on LinkedIn, have any questions or comments or want to share what you've done in Dynamo, look me up and connect. You can also email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for watching my course and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I have.
- Working with room boundaries
- Creating wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Placing wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Resolving conflicts with family placement
- Accommodating inside and outside room boundaries
Skill Level Advanced
1. Working with Rooms
2. Line-Based Wall Protection
3. Door Signage
4. Corner Guards
Combine all three1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.