Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Building the annex, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
In this movie we'll continue working on the basic building form for our museum project.…I'm in a file called Annex, and if you watched the last movie we massed-out the…basic main form of the building.…We have an annex over here which includes a lower gallery space over here and…then a slightly taller space, which will abut up to the residential…neighborhood along the street there, and we want to treat that a little bit…differently from the main building.…So we're going to use separate forms initially, in the early design phase, and…then as we refine the design, those forms will take shape and become those…various portions of the building.…
So, to get started I'm going to jump over here to the Main Level Floor Plan, and…as you may recall this is the Floor Plan where we added the illustration, or the…aerial photograph rather, of the site and I'm going to zoom-in to the area that…we want work in right over here.…I want to take a quick measurement from this corner of the building here out…to a little before the street to give me an idea of how much room I have to work with.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.