Join Chanté Bright for an in-depth discussion in this video Best practices for file maintenance, part of Revit 2019: Professional Office Interior Design.
- As an interior designer, you also have a responsibility…of keeping up with your work verses any work…that a consultant or a client may give to you.…So while you are working on your project…there are a few things that you want to keep in mind…when you're working on your file…to make sure that it's a seamless process…between you and whoever you are working with.…One of the few things that you want to make sure you do…is make sure that both of you, or whoever is in the file,…are all working in the same version of Revit.…Just a reminder, once you upgrade a model to a next version,…you cannot go back to a previous version.…
So always, always, always make sure that everyone…is using the same version.…It'll solve or reduce a lot of headaches later.…The second thing you want to do is,…and this is just a general tip…when it comes to a lot of files,…if you're receiving the file from a client,…or a consultant, always make sure that you save a version…of that file somewhere…so that if you have to go back to it, you can.…
- Setting up your project
- Creating views
- Modeling walls
- Using and modifying storefronts
- Creating wall legends with components
- Modeling ceilings
- Adding doors and openings
- Adding details such as millwork and floors
- Creating custom schedules
Skill Level Intermediate
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Revit and Dynamo for Interior Designwith William Carney4h 57m Intermediate
Initial steps1m 28s
1. Workspace Setup
2. Modeling Walls
3. Wall Legends
4. Modeling Ceilings
5. Finishing the Space
6. Final Thoughts
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.