Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Baseplate families, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- I really hate seeing columns just sitting directly…on top of concrete in Revit, but that's what we do.…By creating a simple family, we're going to model…a flexible baseplate to fit underneath a column,…complete with grout and everything.…So, let's get started.…Under Families, let's go to New.…I want to go back to my generic model, face based,…I love this face based stuff.…Let's click Open.…Let's add some reference planes.…I'm going to right click on this reference plane,…I'm going to Create Similar.…
On my Draw panel, I'm to click on my Pick Lines button.…I'm going to offset that six inches.…I'm going to go to the left, to the right,…I'm going to go up and down.…I'm going to click on my Aligned Dimension.…I'm going to dimension across the top.…Click EQ.…I'm going to do an overall dimension.…Hit Escape.…I'm going to select my one foot dimension.…
Hit my Label dropdown, I'm going to call it "Width".…Type parameter, I'm going to click OK.…Now I'm going to dimension my horizontal ones.…I'm going to click EQ.…I'll put a dimension overall on this one.…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.