In this movie I'd like to look at connecting the wall geometry to the roof geometry.…The file I have on the screen is called Attaching Walls.…And as you can see, over here on the left, the walls do not actually meet the roof objects.…They all stop here at whatever height they happen to be assigned to.…In this case, they're going up to the level but they don't go all the way up to the roof.…Now compare that to this wall here, that you can see, it actually goes up and…follows the slope of the roof.…It's actually really easy to achieve that.…All you have to do is select the wall or walls and use this button right here to…attach its top or base to the nearby geometry.…
Now we're going to do this with a roof but you can actually do this with floor…slabs, or with ceilings, or with any geometry that runs horizontally.…So to make this a little easier, I'm going to select all four walls.…So I'm going to highlight one, press my Tab key, that'll highlight all four walls.…And then remember when you're doing a chain selection with your Tab key don't…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.