Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Attaching trusses to roofs, part of Revit 2017: Essential Training for Structure.
- [Voiceover] Now that our truss is in,…I'd like to attach them to the roof.…I'm gonna add a couple more just for good measure though.…So, let's go down to our roof level floor plan.…I'm gonna go to structure.…I'm gonna go to truss.…I'm gonna pick this midpoint here.…I'm gonna come straight out and pick the mid point here.…That's gonna be a funky truss.…I'm gonna do the same down here.…Mid point.…I'm gonna go all the way to the mid point here.…
I'm gonna hit escape a couple of times.…I'm gonna put one here.…I'm gonna go to structure, truss.…I'm gonna put one up the middle…to the middle…and I'm gonna do the same right here.…I'm gonna go from the middle…to the middle.…Now, I'm going to go to 3D view.…Now, what I got to do is pick a window…around the entire model.…
I want to go to filter.…I want to click check none…and I want to select structural trusses…and we're gonna click apply.…We're gonna click okay.…Make sure our start and end level offsets…are still both at zero.…Click apply there.…Now, for the real tasks, let's see if it's going to work.…
Starting with referencing an architectural model, you'll learn how to add foundations, rebar, and framing; set up views and drawings; model slabs and trusses; and build a whole lot more. This course is designed for members with no Revit experience, or for more advanced users who want to jump to a topic and start from there. Either way, this comprehensive course will teach you what you need to know to be dangerous in Revit structure.
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding and placing steel columns
- Creating foundations, with footings, piers, pilasters, and slabs
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding beam systems
- Tagging steel framing
- Creating a slab floor
- Cantelivering slab edges
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Inserting AutoCAD geometry
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
Adding a brace frame3m 57s
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.