Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying geometry to surfaces, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
After your initial masking explorations, you have likely settled on a form…that you're satisfied with and that meets your initial pro forma and energy…analysis requirements.…So at this stage, you can begin using the massing model to create an…actual building model.…This is one of the neat benefits of the massing toolset.…We can take our massing model, bring it into a project, and then start applying…actual model geometry to it.…The kinds of geometry you can add are walls, floors, roofs and curtain systems.…So in this movie we are going to take a look at that process.…
So what I have here on screen is a file called Apply Geometry.rvt.…It's just a version of our project that we have been following along with and…you can see that the site has been refined slightly.…There are some recesses here in the site, this is called a Building Pad and we…will actually have an opportunity to talk about the building pads a little bit…more in the later chapter.…So for right now, we will just use this one that's already got the pads…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.