View templates can save you from having a model that has gotten out of hand. I love this functionality of Revit. By making some visibility graphics changes to a view, we will get everything the way we want it in a view. The we will create a view tremplate from that view. From there we will go and create an ugly view and automatically fix it by applying our template.
- [Narrator] What's call about Revit is the fact that…we can be consistent with how our views look.…For example, I can set up one view, change a bunch of stuff,…turn a bunch of things on or off, and then actually…save that configuration.…Let's get started by jumping into Revit…and let's open up a project.…Let's go to Projects, Open.…Now I wanna grab the file called View Templates…and I'm gonna click Open.…Now what I wanna do is go to Floor Plan One Mech.…
I wanna zoom into this area here.…And what I'd like to do is do a Callout.…So go to View, go to Callout,…and pick a window…right around this area right here.…Now let's double click on the Callout.…Let's do a couple things.…First of all, I don't want to see that floor pattern,…and I want to see this as two line, and I want…the scale to be different.…So I'm gonna set my scale, but notice that…we can't set our scale.…
Well there's a problem here.…We've already set to Review Template.…What I'd like to do is in the Properties, scroll down…until we find View Template.…
- Importing AutoCAD files into Revit
- Linking Revit modeling
- Creating floor plans
- Using worksets
- Creating sheets
- Creating new family types
- Adding and modifying ducts, fixtures, piping, plumbing, and more
- Creating plumbing and HVAC plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Apply view templates4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.