We can annotate a beam all in one shot! This one's pretty cool because we can add end elevations at the same time as we are labeling the beam itsself. We can also add such items as number of studs, beam slope, and even end reaction symbology. This video has us adding the beam annotations as well as midifying the settings.
- [Voiceover] What I'd like to do in this video,…is look at how we annotate beams.…So under projects, let's click open.…Let's find annotations, and let's click open.…I'm gonna go up to my roof level.…I'm gonna zoom in on this beam here,…but what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna change…my discipline back to structural and I'm gonna click apply.…I'm gonna make sure my detail level is set for coarse.…Now I wanna deal with this beam right here.…We have the beam system in place, but that's okay.…
We can just tab onto our beam.…So what I'd like to do is, if we go to annotate.…If we come all the way down here to tag,…what I wanna do is find beam annotations,…so go ahead and click on beam annotations.…Now, let's just start from the top.…Once we do this, we can place it on all beams…in current plan view, so when we change something,…it's gonna replace everything.…We can include beams from links.…
I usually like to remove existing beam tags…and spot elevations.…Now, let's go level beams and plan.…We can have marks on the start,…
Once you're finished with this course, you can feel confident taking the Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional exam.
- Creating and modifying levels
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Linking models
- Modeling columns, walls, floors, beam systems, roofs, stairs, and ramps
- Adding and editing text annotations
- Using dimensions
- Creating schedules and standard sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, modeling, and documentation.
Revit 2017 Essential Training: Architecture (Metric)with Paul F. Aubin11h 55m Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.