Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding switches, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] Well, we have no way to turn…these lights on or off,…so what I would like to do is…add some switches to our model.…I want to roll down to my Ceiling Plan, Level 1.…I want to zoom into these areas where we have lights,…and we're going to add some switches.…I want to go to my Systems tab.…Now on my Electrical panel, I'm going…to click my Device drop-down,…and I'm going to go down to Lighting.…I have an M_Lighting Switch Three Way.…
Now if we hit the drop-down here,…we'll see we have quite a few of them.…So I'm going to come down here, and I'm going to grab Door.…I'm going to put mine right next to the door.…Don't worry about that big, ugly DR,…we're going to get rid of that.…I'm going pick a spot, like right about here,…and I'm going to hit Esc a couple times.…Now, these automatically tag themselves,…but I'm not a big fan of it.…So I'm going to select my lighting switch,…I'm going to click on Edit Type,…and for my Label right here, I'm going to get rid of DR.…
I'm hit the backspace, I'm going to click off of it,…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin13h 45m Appropriate for all
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.