Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding sweeps and reveals, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
In the previous movie we have looked at vertically compound walls as a way of…adding banding along the length of a wall type.…In this movie, we're going to look at sweeps and reveals.…Sweeps and reveals offer another way to modify the wall along its length with…banding, and they can either be additive or subtractive.…So we use a sweep to add material to the wall; we use a reveal to actually cut…material away from the wall.…Both of these use a profile family.…A profile family is just simply a 2D shape saved in a family and loaded in, and…then you take that profile and you sweep or create a reveal along the length of the wall.…
To do this we, are going to work in SAMOCA_V4 again. And I have four walls along…the front of the building here: this one right here, this one here, and these two…here and here. And I've previously gone in and created a wall type for those…called Entrance Banded.…The banding is not there yet, and that's what we're going look at right now.…So, I'm going to zoom in just a touch more. And I only have to select one of…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.