Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a supply duct, part of Revit 2017: Essential Training for MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] Now that I've got some equipment in,…my larger rooftop unit, my smaller VAV's,…and my smallest air terminals,…I can start to connect the dots.…But what would be cool is if I could align…this VAV to make it so it hits dead center…of the duct that I'm going to have to run…all the way down through the core of the building.…What I'm gonna do is,…I'd like to go to my roof level first.…In the roof plan, I'd like to make some changes…so I can look all the way down…in my building so I can see my VAV.…To do that, I'm gonna go in my Properties,…I'm gonna scroll down until I find View Template,…and I'm gonna click on where it says Mechanical Plan.…
I'm gonna click None, I'm gonna click Apply,…I'm gonna click Okay.…Now what I'd like to do is I'm gonna scroll up…to where it says View Range and I'm gonna click Edit.…This is just going to be temporary.…My bottom view range, I want to look Unlimited,…all the way down to the ground.…My View Depth, I want to look Unlimited,…all the way down to the ground.…Click Apply then click Okay.…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin8h 53m Appropriate for all
Fire-Alarm Systems Design with Revitwith Eric Wing1h 22m Intermediate
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.