Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding sprinkler heads, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] What I'd like to do is…lay out some sprinkler heads.…To do that, I'm gonna jump into my Sprinkler Project-02.…Now I'm gonna go to Sprinkler, Ceiling Plan, 1.…I'm gonna pick on the easy rooms.…So here's what I wanna do.…I want to go to the Systems tab.…Now, we're gonna come down here to Sprinkler.…Notice that I can't place it.…If we have a sidewall diffuser,…that's what you'd wanna place on a wall.…
I don't wanna do that.…I wanna place a Pendant post-it.…Remember we have our Placement panel.…So click Place on Face.…It's pretty hard to get these centered on tile.…So what I'm gonna do,…is I'm gonna pick a spot right here.…Now I'm gonna hit Escape a couple times.…I'm gonna select my sprinkler head.…I'm gonna click Move.…I'm not gonna pick on the sprinkler head…'cause there's all kinds of little grips and snaps.…So I'm gonna pick a point right here on the grid.…
I'm gonna move in 600 millimeters.…I'm gonna click Move again, pick a spot here.…I'll move it down 300 millimeters.…It's gonna center it on that tile.…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 36m Intermediate
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.