Once you have the basic framework of your family set up with reference planes, constraints …and parameters, it's time to start adding some geometry. …In this movie, we're going to look at adding solid-form geometry to our family. …So, I'm in a file called Adding Solids, and it is slightly different than where we left …off in the previous movie, so you might want to use this one, even if you've been following …along in your own. …But let me just point out to you what's different about it. …I've added two reference planes here in the elevation view. The top one is a two foot …seven off the floor and the other one is at three inches, and both of those I created a …dimension and locked it, and a dimension and locked it.…
So, that's going to establish those two heights and keep them locked at that distance off the floor. …So that's the only thing I changed there. All right! …I want to make sure my floor plan is active, and if you don't have tiled views, you might …want to make sure that you open up your Front and your Left and your 3D View and tile them …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.