Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding slab depressions, part of Structural Families in Revit.
- Depressions don't make the slab sad,…they just allow for architectural elements…to be flushed to the face of your concrete.…We can add a slab depression…either by creating a family,…or by creating an in-place family.…This video has us doing both.…To get started,…I want to go to Families,…and then click New.…I want to scroll down to Generic Model,…but this time I only use Generic Model face based.…The difference is,…the other items are a little too specific,…and they don't work that well.…If we create a Generic Model face based,…We can put it in either a floor, or a wall,…or anything that has a face.…
So let's click Generic Model face based,…and let's click Open.…This is very similar to a regular Generic Model,…only it has an extrusion in it.…This extrusion will be the base for our family.…So what I want to do is,…I want to make some reference planes.…I'm going to right-click,…I'm going to Create Similar.…On my Draw panel, I'm going to use my Pick Lines button,…and for my offset, I'll go 1'.…Let's create two more,…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 57m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.