Depressions don't make the slab sad, they just allow for architectural elements to be flushed to the face of your concrete.
- [Instructor] Depressions don't make the slab sand, … they just allow for architectural elements … to be flushed to the face of your concrete. … We can add a slab depression either by creating … a hosted family and loading it into our model … or by creating an in-place family within the model. … This video is going to have us do in both. … To get started in Revit under families, … let's go New, browse to my English imperial. … Now, I want to go to generic model, face-based, … which means basically what it says. … Any object that we make is going to be appended … to this extrusion we see here in the family. … This extrusion represents … any architectural structural face, vertical or horizontal. … Click Open, let's just get right into it. … Right click on this Reference Plane and create similar. … In the Draw Panel click on the Pick Lines button. … Let's give it an offset of one foot. … Go to the left, go to the right, … go up then go down. … Hit Escape a few times. … On the Measure panel, click the Aligned Dimension button. …
- Creating parameters
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Modeling trenches
- Adding framing
- Creating joist bridging details
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.