Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding rooms, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
In this movie were going to talk about the room element.…Now a room is something that's pretty well understood without too much explanation,…after all we occupy rooms in our everyday lives.…But what is a room really? Is it the four walls that surround it, or…is it the space and the air that's enclosed?…This is precisely the challenge that the Revit programmers had to solve when…devising the room object. In Revit, we have room elements that are…special objects that automatically conform to the shape of surrounding geometry, and…thus accurately represent the space so enclosed.…
Rooms have some special behaviors in the way that they're added, the way that they…display and the way that they're modified, and so rooms will be the subject of this movie.…I'm in a file called adding rooms and I'm in floor plan level one and up here on the…architecture tab, I want to go to the Room and Area panel and click the Room button.…Now on the modify place room tab, we have a tag panel and you can see that there's a…button here called Tag on Placement, and it's lit up, it's pushed in.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Is this course valid for all of the Revit architecture products? Are there any movies in this course that do not work in Revit LT?
A: This course is designed to work for anybody learning any of the Revit architecture products, including Autodesk Revit (available as part of the "Autodesk Building Design Suite"product), Autodesk Revit Architecture, and Autodesk Revit LT.
However, some individual movies in the course are not valid in Revit LT, due to the limited feature set of that application. Those movies are:
Chapter 3 - Accessing multi-user worksharing projects
Chapter 5 - Establishing shared coordinates
Chapter 6 - Using the shape editing tools to create a flat roof
Chapter 7 - Working with stairs
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 16m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.