Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a return duct, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] In this video…I'd like to create a return duct system.…The challenge here is…although we only have a little bit of duct work in,…we're already starting to get pretty congested.…So I'm going to scroll down to ceiling plan,…level one right here.…I'm going to scroll in to my VAVA.…The problem is,…my return is coming out of here.…I don't have enough room to loop it around here…so I guess I got to come down here.…I got to go up and over,…then I got to route it down that way.…Okay, we can do that.…I'm going to select my VAVA.…
Now I'm going to go ahead…and click on the Create Duct button.…I'm going to come out to about here…and I'm going to pick a point.…I got to come down this way,…but what I need to do…is alter my offset.…I'll go 4267.…Hopefully that's high enough.…I'm going to come down to about here.…We got it.…Now I'm going to come all the way over to here.…I'm going to pick a point.…Maybe I'll cross up in to here.…
I'll come all the way down in to here.…I'm going to hit Escape.…I definitely want to cut a section through this…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin17h 33m Appropriate for all
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.