- [Voiceover] Now that we have our environment all set up we can start to create some receptacle layouts. I'm gonna open up Electrical Project 02-01. In my project browser, I'm gonna scroll down till I find Power, Floor Plan, Level 1. I'm gonna lay out some receptacles starting in this back room. One thing that bothers me is this floor pattern. I wanna turn it off, but I don't wanna turn floors off. There's a trick to that. I'm gonna type V + G. Now that I'm in visibility graphic overrides, I wanna scroll down to where it says Floors.
I wanna keep showing them, but I'm goinna select Floors, now I'm gonna go to Patterns. I'm gonna click Override on Patterns and I'm just gonna uncheck Visible. I'm gonna click OK, I'm gonna click Apply and I'm gonna click OK, that's a lot better. Alright, now let's go to our Systems tab. On the Systems tab I wanna come all the way down to the Electrical panel and click on Electrical Fixture. We have a duplex receptacle standard and we have a GFCI.
I'm gonna put a duplex receptacle standard here, here and here. I'm gonna hit Escape a couple times. I'm gonna come down to the bathroom here, I'm gonna click on Device, now I'm gonna grab a GFCI. For my elevation, I'm gonna type in 1219. I'm gonna put one right here.
I'm gonna click the drop-down and I'm gonna go standard, I'm gonna put one out here. Hit Escape a couple times. Now I have this room, I have a couple in the lav, I'm gonna go Electrical Fixture again, I'm gonna put one on this wall, and put one on this wall, and here, I'm gonna put one out on the hallway for people.
I'm gonna put one here, here and here. I'm gonna put one here, I'm gonna grab a GFCI, I'm gonna go 1219. Sometimes if this gets backwards what you wanna do is hit your spacebar and it will flip it. I'm gonna click right there, hit Escape. I think that's about good for now.
What I like to do a lot of times is cut a section just to make sure everything looks right, so I'm gonna go to Section, now I'm gonna pick a point right here, I'm gonna come all the way down to here. Now I'm looking the wrong direction so what I can do with my section is click on this little flip arrow and flip it that way. I'm gonna hit Escape a few times. Now I'm just gonna double-click on my section, I'm gonna zoom in here, I just wanna make sure I've got a receptacle up here, got one down here and I've got some in my rooms here.
You can go ahead and put more receptacles in if you'd like but I think you get the trick. Essentially we start the Device command and we place that on a vertical face, it's the default, and we just stick it to a wall. Hit Escape a couple times and then you're good. Next is to create a panel that we can circuit these to.
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin39h 27m Intermediate
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.