Railings usually are created automatically when you create stairs, so that's…usually the most common way to work with them, but you can also create railings yourself.…So I'm here in a file called Railings, and I'm going to zoom in on this area of…the plan right here, and I have this Open to Below space, and the stair comes up…to this little balcony here and walks around.…So obviously we would need some sort of a guardrail over in this general location.…It's pretty easy to do.…It's just a simple sketch-based operation.…
What we'll do is we'll go to the Architecture Tab, and we'll click on the Railing tool.…Now all you have to do is click the default tool, but if you open up the…dropdown, it's the Sketch Path that we're going to use here for our guardrail.…And this takes me to Sketch mode and we can draw railings in really any shape we want.…The one thing that's a little different about this sketch than some of the…others that we've seen is you can either draw an open or a closed path here.…In this case, we want an open path because we just need to do an L-shaped…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.