Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding pulls, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] Ok I want to put some…96 millimeter brushed aluminum wire pulls…on this cabinet face.…To get started I'll jump at the wall cabinet hardware…or you can keep going with the cabinet you have.…I'm going to my purple R drop down.…I'm going to go to new,…I'm gonna go to family.…I'm gonna scroll down until I find…generic model face based.…Now I'm going to click open.…Now I'm going to go to my front elevation…I'm going to right click on this reference plane,…and I'm going to create similar.…On my draw panel, I'm going to…click on my pick lines button,…I'm going to give an offset of one inch.…
I'm going to offset this straight up an inch.…Hit escape a couple times.…Now I'm gonna dimension it.…Click aligned dimension, strong to weak.…Select your one inch dimension.…Let's add a parameter to that.…Gonna call it depth,…gonna click OK.…Now I'm going to right click on this reference plane…and create similar.…Draw, I'm gonna click on pick lines.…Offset is gonna be four inches.…I'm gonna go to the left, I'm gonna…go to the right, hit escape.…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 16m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.