Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding plumbing fixtures, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] Let's talk about plumbing piping,…but most of all, let's talk about plumbing fixtures.…This is probably the most convoluted part…of all of plumbing, because of the fact that…the architect always puts their own fixtures in.…We can't hook to their fixtures, so what do we do?…I have four different methods that I employ.…Let's go through them.…Under Plumbing, I'm gonna go to Enlarged Men's Room.…The first method, and least popular,…is to draw a pipe and just trick it,…so it's actually going into their fixture.…
I don't wanna do that.…Let's do this.…My other method is to put in our own…fixtures for everything.…So, let's put in our toilets, then we'll change up…our methodology with the urinals, and then…again with the sinks.…So, what I wanna do is zoom in on this toilet here.…I want to go to Systems.…Now I wanna go to Plumbing Fixtures.…Just so happens that this is a pretty standard toilet,…so I'm gonna click the dropdown here, and I'm gonna…scroll all the way down to Water, Closet, Flush Valve,…Wall Mounted, and I'll grab my Public 6.1 Liter per flush.…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin10h 53m Appropriate for all
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.