Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding plumbing fixtures and other components, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
Our two bedroom condo unit is coming along nicely, but it takes a little bit…more than just walls, doors and windows to make a typical building layout.…So in this movie, we'll look at the Component tool, which is the tool we use to…bring in a variety of miscellaneous items.…As a rule of thumb if you don't see a dedicated tool for the item you're trying…to insert, it's probably going to be under the Component tool.…So in other words, if I wanted a door, or a window or column, I have buttons for…those but I don't see a button for toilets or for furnaces or for washer/dryers.…
So it's a pretty good bet that I'm going to find those items under…Component; sort of a catchall button for all the miscellaneous items that…you want to insert in a model.…So when I click on the Component tool, it will take me to the Modify Place…Component tab, and if I open up the list, you can see that what's loaded in my…default template is a rather eclectic list, I have a desk, a parking space and a tree.…So as you can see, we really do have a variety of items to choose from here,…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.