When dealing with more complex massing, placeholders still work. See how to strategize how to make them properly parametric, and learn how to trace association and dependencies.
- [Instructor] To really start getting a feel for this room…let's make a new component family…for this employee area here, this L shaped countertop.…This will be a little bit more complicated…than our rectangular Bus Table…and we can learn a few new principles.…Go back to File, New, Family.…And this time let's make it a Casework family.…You can see that the template for the Casework family…is a little bit different…and some of the work has been done for us.…Let's start out by giving ourselves a little bit more room.…
To see how much I'm going to jump back to my Level 1…and put some dimensions onto this.…So I can see I want about three feet…of clearance for walking…and then we have nine feet of depth…and about 14 feet of length.…So going back to our family…I'll make that 14 feet long…and nine feet deep.…
Just for ease of use I'm going to stretch…these reference planes out,…so that they intersect each other…with this new larger size.…All right, now we're going to create…a few new reference planes…to help control some of the other parameters…
- Why model for VR in Revit?
- When to use VR and AR
- How to use your Revit model with VR and AR
- Making the most of Enscape
- Using IrisVR Prospect for multiuser virtualization
- Simple 3D shortcuts
- Efficiently applying materials to Revit projects
- Using RPC components in Revit
- VR modeling for Revit
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 2017: Architectural Visualizationwith Scott Onstott2h 21m Intermediate
1. Why Model for VR in Revit?
2. How to Use Your Revit Model with VR and AR
3. Simple 3D Shortcuts for SD
4. Material Library and Editing
5. Higher LOD VR-Ready Modeling
6. VR Modeling for Revit
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.