Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding mechanical equipment, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] What I'd like to do now…is start to add some equipment.…Pretty much the equipment dictates…the main part of our layout.…I like to go big, to small, to smallest.…So I like to go to my roof-top units, or my AHUs,…down to my VAVs, then down to my diffusers.…So, what I want to do first, is…I want to throw a roof-top unit up…on the top of my building.…In my Project browser, I'm going to go to my Roof level.…
Now what I want to do is I'm going to zoom in over here.…I think I want it over in this neighborhood.…I'm going to go the Systems.…I'm going to go to Mechanical Equipment.…Now I know I don't have one of these big boys in here,…so I'm going to click on Load Family.…I'm going to scroll down to Mechanical.…MEP for sure.…I want to go to Air Side Components.…
I want to go to AHUs, Air Handling Units.…And I want to scroll down 'til we get to…M_Outdoor AHU - Horizontal.…That's my favorite.…I want to click on Open.…Now I'm going to put it right about here.…I'm going to hit Esp a few times.…Now I want to select this unit.…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin17h 33m Appropriate for all
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.