Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding lighting fixtures, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] What I'd like to do is create some lighting.…The thing is, now that we have power panels…and lighting panels in there, we can just…shove some lighting into our ceilings.…We have Lighting, we have Floor Plans,…and I don't wanna go down there.…I wanna go to my Lighting Ceiling Plans.…So, I wanna go to Lighting, Ceiling Plan, Level 1.…Now, I'm gonna zoom in here,…and I'm gonna put a lighting fixture in.…So, I'm gonna go to the Systems tab.…I'm gonna go to Lighting Fixture,…and I'm not sure which one I want,…so I'm gonna hit my drop down here,…and I'm gonna grab 500x1200 - 120.…
But I know, as I go to put it in,…I'm not gonna be able to do it.…On the Placement panel, and always remember this…with hosted families, click Place on Face.…Now, what we'll see is, I wanna put it in here,…but it's a little bit smaller than the grid layout.…So, what I'm gonna do is, I'm gonna go ahead…and click on Edit Type, and I'm gonna rename this.…And I'm gonna call it 610x1219.…
And it's still gonna be 120.…I'm gonna click OK.…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin14h 58m Appropriate for all
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.