Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding hydronic piping, part of Revit 2017: Essential Training for MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] What I'd like to do now is…add some hydronic piping.…A couple of things we need to deal with.…The first thing we need to deal with…is our routing preferences.…The second thing we need to deal with is…how we draw our pipe off of a unit…such as a rooftop unit.…The last thing I want to deal with…is the actual system that the piping goes on.…I'm going to zoom around in 3D to my rooftop unit.…Now, if I select my rooftop unit, we'll see…that we have all kinds of items we can still draw.…
We can still duct off of it,…intake, another intake,…and we can also draw pipe off of it.…So, a couple of things that I want to do…is it can be difficult to draw a pipe.…Now, the first thing I want to do…is I want to go down to my roof level mechanical plan.…If we take a look at this unit, what I'd like…to do is select my section marker, hover over it,…and move it over to my rooftop unit.…
Now, I'm going to pull this in a little bit.…Now, we can draw a pipe off of here,…but it can be difficult for example,…if I select my AAQ, notice that we have outs…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin8h 3m Appropriate for all
Fire-Alarm Systems Design with Revitwith Eric Wing1h 22m Intermediate
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.