Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding grids, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
Like levels, grids provide organization and structure to your project.…Where levels were horizontal datum elements cutting through the building at a…certain height, grids are vertical datum elements that are located at certain…locations along the building.…Grids are used typically to locate where the columns occur in your projects and…they provide key points of reference for things like views and sheets.…Unlike levels not all buildings need grids.…For example, most residential projects don't have any need for a column grid.…Most commercial projects on the other hand do have column grids.…
Therefore, the type of project that you are creating will dictate your need for grids.…Now I am in a project called Grids and I'm looking at Floor Plan level 1 and I'm…going to go here to the Architecture tab and click on the Grid tool, it's…located here on the Datum panel.…When I click the Grid tool there are a few different shapes you can create, and…I am going to just stick with simple straight lines for this example, and for my…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.