Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding filled and masking regions, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
In this movie we're going to look at filled regions and masking regions. …Filled and masking regions are two-dimensional shapes that you can apply to your views that …help you to either cover up or to further articulate certain parts of the drawing. …Like other detailing components in Revit, they are view-specific, so they only appear …in whatever view you draw them in, and they are two-dimensional. …Now if you've watched some of the previous movies, you've already kind of seen the effects …of filled and masking regions.…
If I zoom in a little bit here on this view, over here on the right-hand side, this Break …Mark component that we have actually has a masking region built into it. …So when I select it, these grips here are controlling the shape of that masking region, …and that's what's covering up the underlying model. …This concrete fill pattern that we have here in the steel pan, that's actually a filled …region that's built into that detail component. …So we've really already seen both of these components; …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.