Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding extensions to railings, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
Revit 2013 introduces a new railing extensions feature.…We can take our railing objects, and we can build in top rails and handrails,…and these top rails and handrails can have automatically generated extensions.…Those extensions will allow us to build in code requirements, such as the…distance of an extension that's required by the building code or adding a tread…depth, and so on, to the extensions of our railings and have it take place…automatically when we draw them.…So I'm in a file here called Railing Extensions, and I'm going to zoom in…down here at the bottom.…
I've got two different railings here.…And so to set this up, what I want to do is actually build two different…railing styles so that we can do one that does returning back to the post of…the railing, and we'll do another example with the other one that returns to the wall.…I am going to select this railing right here, and go to Edit Type, and…duplicate it, and I'll call this one Handrail Pipe and I'll just add the word…Post at the end, click OK.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.