Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding equipment, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] All right, let's add some equipment.…What I'd like to do is open up Plumbing Project 05.…I'm going to scroll down to my plumbing floor plans,…and let's go down to 1 - Plumbing.…I'm going to zoom in over here.…What I'd like to do is throw a space in here.…So I'm want to go to Analyze.…I'd like to click on Space.…I'm going to put a space right here.…Hit escape a couple times.…Now I'm going to select my space.…
I want to scroll down to where the name is,…the number, let's call it 001,…for the name let's call it mechanical.…Let's click Apply…and we know we're matched up.…Of course it's directly in our way,…so we're going to select it.…We're going to click Leader.…Now we're going to click on the drag button.…We're going to drag it on out.…We're going to leader it in.…Now what I'd like to do…is let's through some equipment in here.…We do have some stuff in the model,…but let's go find some other things.…
So what I want to do is I want to go…to the Systems tab,…and I want to click on Mechanical Equipment.…This is what we've got in the project,…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin10h 53m Appropriate for all
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.