Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding duct accessories and fittings, part of Revit 2017: Essential Training for MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] What I'd like to do in this video…is add some duct accessories.…And also, I'd like to configure the routing preferences…of our duct to add some different fittings.…I'm gonna go to my Level One Ceiling Plan.…I'm gonna zoom into this area here,…and I'm gonna go to "Systems."…Now I'm gonna come over to my HVAC…and I'm gonna select "Duct Accessory."…What I have here, and the only accessory…we have in our model, is a fire damper.…
So, with my fire damper, what I wanna do is,…I wanna find a rectangular duct,…now I wanna put it in there.…So, I can go to either side of the wall,…although this duct's above the wall,…perhaps this wall runs all the way up…to the bottom of the deck.…I'm gonna put my fire damper right here.…It's gonna cut itself in, and the fire damper's there.…I can also come down here.…It doesn't really matter what size,…I'm gonna go ahead and put my fire damper right here.…Now, once it's in, what I can do is,…I can click on the "Cycle" button,…and it will cycle through based on how it went in.…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin8h 3m Appropriate for all
Fire-Alarm Systems Design with Revitwith Eric Wing1h 22m Intermediate
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.