Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding drains, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] We add some difficult…sloping piping, and it seemed to work out okay.…I know, when you get into a real project,…you can have real situations where you…really need the slope pipe.…But, it's gotten a lot better.…So let's drill into a couple different…sanitary type situations.…One is a floor drain, and one is a roof drain.…So let's deal with it now.…Now, I want to go down to my enlarged men's room.…I'm going to put a floor drain in here.…Usually, we see them right about here, right?…Or maybe they're out in the middle.…
Doesn't really matter.…Let's go to systems.…Let's go to plumbing fixture.…I'm going to click my drop down here.…Let's see if we've got anything.…M_Floor Drain - Round, so I'm going to…come down to, scroll down a little bit.…I want to grab my 150 millimeter strainer…with my 100 millimeter drain.…I'm going to select this.…Now notice it wants to go on a wall.…Please don't do that.…
What you want to do is on the placement panel,…click place on face.…I'm going to put one right here.…I'm going to hit escape a couple times.…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin22h 18m Appropriate for all
Revit: Fire-Alarm Systems Design (2015)with Eric Wing1h 22m Intermediate
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.