Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding dormers, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
Dormers are a common architectural feature.…You can create them in Revit without too much trouble, but there are some…specific steps that you need to follow to create them successfully.…So in this movie, we will look at the complete process to create dormers.…Now, I am in a file called Dormers.…It is a completed version of the file we were working on in the last movie, and…you can see I have gone around and finished all of the walls and updated them…to the roofs, and even added new roofs in some cases.…And over here in this area, I've created three out of the four dormers already,…and I've provided the three walls that we need to create the fourth dormer.…
So, the first step is of course to build your little shack on top of the roof…for the vertical wall portions of the dormer.…So we'll start with those. And you can actually work in 3D or 2D; it's…really your preference.…But I am going to go ahead and do this right in this 3D view here.…I am going to go to the Roof by Footprint command.…And because I'm working in 3D, it will want to know what level to put the roof at.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.