Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding doors, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] Alright, let's put some doors on this thing.…I'm going to open up my Wall Cabinet Doors model,…or you could open up your box model or anything you've got.…So, what I want to do is I want to go to my left elevation.…Now, I'm going to right click on this reference plane…and I'm going to Create Similar.…On my draw panel, I'm going to click on pick lines.…I'm going to give it an offset of one inch…and I'm going to offset it to the left.…Now, I'm going to click Aligned Dimension,…I'm going to pick from here to here,…I'm going to pick off of it over here.…
I'm going to select my one inch dimension,…I'm going to hit my label drop down…and I'm going to Add Parameter.…My name will be Overall Door Depth.…Type parameter, I'm going to click OK.…I'm going to select it and I'm going to click to name it…and I'm going to call it Door Face.…I'm going to hit Enter.…Now, let's go to our placement side.…I'm going to change my visual style to hidden line.…
Now, I'm going to make some parameters.…Let's click on family types.…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 16m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.