In this movie we're going to look a little closer at the Dimensions future in Revit. …We've already looked at Dimensions in a few other movies, but mainly we were interested …in using Dimensions as a tool to help us build our model. …In this movie I'm going to focus on Dimensions as an annotation tool to actually help enhance …our construction documents and prepare drawings for printing. …I'm in a file called Dimensions, and I'm looking at a Level 1 Floor Plan View. And I'm just …going to add some dimensions to various parts of this file here, just to show you how it works. …So what I'm going to start off with, is I'm going to zoom in over in this location over …here and I just want to show you the basics of how the Dimension tool works.…
Now we've covered some of this, so some of this will be review. …We can get to the Dimension tool in a couple of places. …We can go to the Annotate tab. And there actually are several Dimension tools. …I'm going to focus on the Aligned Dimension tool because this is the one that I use 99% …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.