Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding detail components, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
In this movie we'll continue working on our detail and we'll look at detail components. …Detail components are two-dimensional families that represent model objects. …Now they are two-dimensional and they are view- specific, and this is important to understand. …You can create very detailed versions of elements that represent model objects, but because …they are two-dimensional and because they are view-specific, they only show in the view …that you draw them in-- in the Detail view in this case. …And that allows you to keep the overall size of your model manageable and not have a lot …of details created in the 3D model that don't really give you any benefit.…
So let's take a look at the process of placing detail components. …I'm in a file called Detail Components, and I'm looking at my Stair Landing Detail, which …is a section cut through the landing here. …So let's zoom in a little bit, like so, and I'll start with a really simple detail component. …We are going to look at a break line object, so I am going to go to the Annotate tab.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.