Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding curtain walls, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
Curtain walls are the third and most complex form of the wall system family.…Curtain walls can vary in any direction and even form complex patterns within…their structure using a series of grids, mullions, and panels.…In this movie, I'll get you started with the essentials of the Curtain Wall…object, and then we'll dig a little deeper into the specifics of grids and…mullions and panels in the next movie.…So I am in a file here called the Curtain Wall. On the Architecture tab we are…going to use the Wall tool again to access the Curtain Wall object.…So remembering that the Curtain Wall object is just another wall family, then we…actually use the Wall tool to access it. Just scroll down and you'll see the…Curtain Wall object is listed here as the family, and then the template that we…started which has three types: Curtain Wall, Exterior Glazing, and Storefront.…
Feel free to explore each one, but in this movie I'm just going to look at the…Storefront design because of the three, it's the most detailed.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.