Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding countertops, part of Architectural Families in Revit.
- [Voiceover] I wanna model a countertop.…To get started I'm gonna go family, new,…I'm gonna scroll down to generic model,…and I'm gonna open it on up.…This is gonna be an L shaped countertop…with a little 45 degree chamfer in it.…The first thing I'm gonna do is right-click…on this reference plane…and I'm gonna create similar.…On my draw panel I'll click on my pick lines button,…and my offset wants to be two feet.…I'm gonna go to the right,…then I'm gonna go down.…I'm gonna dimension these immediately,…so I don't get confused.…
I'm gonna click align dimension,…go from here to here,…then from here to here,…I'm gonna select this two foot dimension,…hold down my Control key, select this one,…and for my label I'm gonna click add parameter.…I'm gonna call it depth.…I'll keep this as a type parameter…and I'm gonna click OK.…Now I'm gonna right-click this reference plane…and create similar.…In my draw panel I'm gonna click on pick lines,…I'm gonna offset six feet.…I'm gonna go to the right,…and I'm gonna offset six feet down.…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.