Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding conduit, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] Okay, let's talk about conduit.…Very seldom do I see conduit getting modeled.…One, people think it's too difficult.…Two, people think they're not going to route it…where they want them to route it anyway.…I'll route conduit if it's 102 millimeters or bigger.…What I'd like to do is, I want to go down to my…power level floor plan level 1.…I'm going to zoom in on my electrical room.…I'm going to go to my systems tab.…I'm going to grab electrical equipment.…This time I'm going to load a family.…
On my mode panel, I'm going to click on load family.…I'm going to go down to electrical.…I'm going to go to MEP.…I'm going to go to electrical power.…I'm going to go to distribution.…I'm going to scroll down…and I'm going to grab an M-single phase panel,…120-volt MCB surface…and I'm going to click open.…Now, in my electrical room I'm going to put it…right on this wall right here.…
I'm going to hit escape. I'm going to select it.…I'm going to add a distribution system of 120 208 Wye…and I'm going to scroll down…and I'm going to give it a panel name of PP dash two…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin17h 57m Appropriate for all
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.