Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding columns, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
Most buildings have columns in at least some locations, whether your project has…one column or hundreds, the process to add them is fairly simple.…Revit includes two types of columns, it includes architectural columns and…structural columns. We can find those on the Architecture tab, on the Column…button, here is Structural Column button and the Architectural Column button.…Typically an architectural column is used to represent either a column wrap or…a rough placement column that will then later be replaced by the structural engineer.…
A Structural Column is typically used to actually represent material that's…really holding up the building.…So let's start with the architectural columns and take a look and then we'll see…how that ties in later with the structural columns. So I'm going to choose the…Column Architectural command, and let's take a look at a few of the settings…before we get started here.…Like many other commands, that takes me to my Modify tab, Place Column.…I've got some settings here on my Options Bar and I've got some additional…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.