Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding casing, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] I think most of the hard stuff's…out of the way, but we do have to finish this thing off…so we don't see this giant gap.…That's where casing comes in handy.…I'm gonna open up my Door-Casing file.…What we're gonna do is sweep some casing…around the outside of this.…I'm gonna pan around to the front in a 3D view.…I'm gonna go up to create, then…I'm gonna go up to Solid Sweep.…On my Sweep panel, I'm gonna click on Pick Path.…I want to pick 3D edges, so I'm gonna go ahead…and I'm gonna pick the outside corner of my wall here.…I'm gonna go right around and I'm gonna pick that.…
I'm gonna click on Finish.…Now, we can either draw a profile, or we can load a profile.…Let's load a profile that we've already made.…Click on Load Profile.…I'm gonna go back to where I'm keeping my exercise files.…I'm gonna go to Chapter 1 and I'm gonna grab one of those.…I'm gonna grab my chairrail.…I kinda like that.…I'm gonna click Open.…Now my profile, I can hit my drop down, I'm gonna grab 4"…I'm gonna zoom into here and see that it's not quite right.…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.