Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding cable tray, part of Revit 2017: Essential Training for MEP (Metric).
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] So if you think drawing conduit was easy,…drawing cable tray is a snap.…What I'd like to do is jump into…our electrical project 02-12.…Under Electrical, Power,…I'd like to go to Floor Plans, Level 1.…What I'm gonna do is I'm gonna jump into my electrical room,…and I'm gonna draw my cable tray up, over,…and I'm gonna drop it down into my storage room.…I'm gonna need a little help for my section,…but that's fine.…So here's what I'm gonna do.…
I'm gonna zoom in on Electrical,…I'm going to go to my Systems tab,…I'm gonna click on Cable Tray.…Notice that we have a bunch of choices…in our type selector drop-down.…I wanna grab Ladder Cable Tray.…I like it 'cause you can fit your hand up in there,…it's good stuff.…I'm gonna start really low in the electrical room,…like, 50 millimeters.…Basically on the ground.…I'm gonna pick a spot here,…I'm gonna come up to about here,…now I'm gonna alter my offset to 2750.…
Now I'm gonna come up to about here…and it's gonna go straight up for me.…I'm gonna come across here.…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 57m Appropriate for all
Fire-Alarm Systems Design with Revitwith Eric Wing1h 22m Intermediate
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.