Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding beam pockets, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- Beam pockets are like slab depressions.…Only, they're hosted to the face of a wall,…rather than to a horizontal face.…In this video, we'll create a void family,…and insert it into a foundation wall.…So, for this example,…I have some nicely laid out little beam pockets here.…This is what we're going to create in a moment.…So to get started, let's go to Families,…let's go to New.…I'm going to scroll down until we find…Generic Model face based.…And we're going to click Open.…Now I'm going to create a reference plane…by right-clicking on this horizontal reference plane,…and I'm going to Create Similar.…
On my Draw panel,…I'm going to click my Pick Lines button,…And I'm going to offset it 1'.…But I'm going to offset it down one foot.…This will represent the top of my void.…I'm going to dimension it.…I'm going to select my dimension,…I'm going to add a parameter,…I'm going to call it: Length.…I'm going to make it an Instance parameter.…Now I'm going to click OK.…Now, I'm going to right-click on this reference plane,…I'm going to Create Similar,…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 57m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.