Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding additional piping, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] Now, we've got some…big pieces of equipment in.…I want to plumb them up.…The thing is here, there's a specific way…that I like to do it that has kept me out of trouble.…I used to do it another way that got me into trouble,…so I'd like to point out a couple things to you.…In my project browser, I'm gonna…scroll down to enlarged mechanical room.…I'm gonna pick on this boiler first.…So I'm gonna select my boiler.…We've got hydronic piping coming in,…and I want to pretend we're getting…this from our roof.…So I'm gonna go ahead and I'm gonna…click on this create pipe button.…
Nothing out of the ordinary here.…I'm gonna pick a point right about here,…and I'm gonna come over to about here.…Maybe I want to run it up this wall.…Okay, now what I want to do is my offset.…I'm gonna send it up pretty high,…but not all the way.…I don't know.…I'm gonna go 9144, the equivalent of 30 feet.…Now I'm going to keep going in this direction,…but we won't be able to see the pipe.…So I'm going to pick a point right here.…I'm gonna hit escape a couple times.…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin13h 34m Appropriate for all
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.